Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Eat your Brussel Sprouts! [EASY Recipe]

I can remember a common phrase "Eat your brussel sprouts!" But I don't think I have ever even tried them before today. I had no idea how to cook them, but I decided I would try roasting them.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Ingredients:
  • Brussel sprouts
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 T balsamic vinegar
  • Sea salt and pepper (optional)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 F

Start by cutting raw brussel sprouts in half.



Place the halves into a bowl and mix with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Toss until evenly coated.


Lightly spray pan, and cook brussel sprouts cut side down for 15 minutes.


Flip, and cook cut side up for 10 more minutes.


Now sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, if you desire.


 Dig in and enjoy!!


I love how simple this recipe is--especially for my first time even trying this vegetable. Maybe I'll be more adventurous next time I cook them. But they turned out delicous!

Brussel sprouts have several health benefits as well. They're high in fiber, vitamin C, and may protect against cancer! They're also packed with vitamin A, calcium, potassium, and folate. So eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment