Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

No-Bake Cookies

I have loooved these cookies since I was a kid, I remember my mom making them when my sister and I were little. And when my family went on vacation to the beach, we would stop at this one gas station on the way, just to get oatmeal chocolate cookies! Haha every time my mom and I would eat so much that we felt sick! But they're totally worth it.

So the other night I was really wanting dessert, but I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. While brainstorming for dessert ideas, I knew I had cocoa powder, peanut butter, and oatmeal, and figured out just what I wanted. Cookies! I had never even tempted to make these before (just like many things on my blog), but I knew they had to be easy since they were no-bake cookies!


No-Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Fudge Cookies

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp vegan butter (Earth Balance/Smart Balance)
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup soymilk (I used unsweetened)
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups quick oats


Directions:

First, you melt the butter.


Next add everything except the peanut butter and oats. Then stir.


Bring to a boil and let boil for one minute.


Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and oats.



Drop by spoonfuls onto aluminum foil or wax paper and allow to cool. These can be refrigerated for faster cooling. 


I ate about a cookie's worth of it while tasting and licking the pan/spoon. No self control...


Once they've cooled, they are PERFECT!!

I ate two or three last night when I made them and I've been eating them all day today! Let me tell ya, these cookies are soooo good. I'm obsessed. I really have no self-control around them. Luckily the family liked them too, so I wasn't forced to finish them all myself. But I'm pretty sure I would eat them all at once if they could fit in my belly!

Mmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment