Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Green Smoothie

I know some are you aren't going to like the sound of this one, but you never know until you try it! When I first heard about green smoothies, my reaction was probably eww gross! But once I tried it, I was sold. And if you add enough fruit, you can't even taste the "green" in it. Here's a tasty recipe I made for breakfast this morning.

Green Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 banana
2 cups fresh spinach (or 2 handfuls)
3/4 cup soy milk (I use light vanilla for extra sweetness)
2 Tbs ground flax seeds
6 frozen strawberries


Directions:

Place banana and spinach in a blender. Pour the soy milk over it.


Blend on a medium setting so the spinach mixes in.


Next add the flax seed and the strawberries.


 Blend on high to make sure your smoothie is liquid.


 Pour and enjoy!!



You can use frozen or fresh ingredients. I like using frozen fruit because I prefer my smoothies a little cold, no ice needed! You may want to use different fruit like peaches or berries. I recommed keeping the banana, for the creamy smooth texture, but I've also heard of people using avocado instead. Also, you can be more adventurous and add different types of greens to change things up.

I hope you like it!!


This smoothie contains 270 calories, 11g of protein and 14g of fiber to keep you full. Plus it's loaded with tons of vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals to keep your body healthy!

1 comment:

  1. i have an idea. i can be your non-vegan food critic. that way you can show people its not just for vegans! soooooo what i really mean is you should cook me all this food. haha

    ReplyDelete