Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mac & "Cheese"

So yesterday, I made some pretty incredible vegan macaroni and cheese. I might even say it was better than real macaroni and cheese. My boyfriend showed me this recipe back in December and I fell in love.



Mama Koala's Vegan Mac and "Cheese"
Ingredients:

    1 cup dry whole wheat macaroni noodles
    1 Tbsp vegan margarine or vegan butter (Earth Balance)
    1 Tbsp flour (I used whole wheat flour)
    1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
    1/4 package (or 2oz.) vegan cream cheese (Tofutti Cream Cheese)
    1/2 cup vegan shredded cheddar cheese (Daiya: cheddar style shreds)

You may want to add more of these ingredients as you go along.

Directions:

1. In a sauce pan, boil elbow macaroni according to package directions.

2. While the macaroni is boiling, in another sauce pan melt margarine and stir in flour.

3. Next, add the milk and stir until thick and smooth.

4. Add the cream cheese and stir until completely melted over medium-high heat.

5. Add shredded cheese and stir until completely melted.

6. Drain the cooked macaroni noodles and stir into the sauce pan with the "cheese".

Makes ~2 servings, depending on how hungry you are!




 Look at this texture!! Mmmm so creamy.


 Finished product!


 I ate it in the leftover Tofutti Cream Cheese container! Haha


1 comment: