Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Guess what!

THIS IS VEGAN!



Crazy, right? I actually discovered this a couple years ago when I was vegetarian, my step-dad bought it because he's a big fan of country cookin'. I think I was eating a bowl of cereal one morning while this box sat on the table in front of me, I just happened to notice the fine print. It says "with imitation bacon bits & artificial flavors." So I checked the ingredients, and sure enough, it's made with textured vegetable protein. No meat!

Last year, Scott and I got really into grits. Any time we were together, it was grits for breakfast! Or grits at 2am... whoops! We would usually load em up with vegan butter, daiya cheddar cheese, tofutti cream cheese, and hot sauce. Yeah, we're some fat kids, but I want some now just thinking about it!

Thanks, Quaker, for making these grits for vegan fat kids like me!

1 comment:

  1. how could you possibly determine this product to be vegan? what about the additives used to enrich.it? any natural, synthetic, imitation, artificial etc..ingredient could be of animal.origin. you cannot possibly read a label and deem it vegan.

    ReplyDelete