Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Roasted Peppers (plus a sammie!)

So, I never knew roasting was so easy... It just sounds complicated to me. And they sell roasted red peppers in grocery stores. NEVER will I buy any because I just found out how ridiculously easy it is to make your own. You literally just stick the peppers in the oven. And it only takes 10-15 min! So quick! You don't even have to add anything to them! I mean, I guess you could, to make a tastier flavor, but these turned out great!


Roasted Peppers

Set the oven to broil and preheat to 500 degrees.


Cut the peppers in half, removing the seeds and insides. Place on cooking sheet.


Daww pretty peppers.


I put aluminum foil on my pan, obvi. Once preheated, just sit the pan in the oven.


It only takes about 10-15 min in the oven, but I snacked on some raw peppers and Wholly Guacamole while I waited. Yummm!


When the peppers start turning brown, they're ready. They'll look something like this.



I put them on a grilled bagel sandwich! A bagel melt, if you will.


If you're interested in how i made my delicious sandwich, I'm about to tell you.

Ok, I started with the bagel thin, as pictured above. I spread a little bit of vegan mayo on it, sprinkled some daiya mozzarella cheese, loaded up tons of roasted peppers (omg yum!), plus more cheese, tomato, and guacamole on the other side. Then put it on the ole George Foreman grill (you can use a panini press if you're fancy like that) to toast the bread and melt the cheese.

And I ate the rest of the peppers as a side. I guess you could share the rest with someone, but my family isn't really into good food. Haha they don't know what they're missin'!

Check out that melty goodness. Mmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment