Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Overnight Oats

Ok, so it's reeeally hot out. How does a hot bowl of oatmeal sound for breakfast?? Totes unappealing, am I right? No one wants to eat a hot breakfast like that when it's 95 degrees outside. Oof! 

But I found a better way to eat your oatmeal. Eat it cold. Sounds sorta weird at first, but these overnight oats are sooo good! No stove or microwave involved = no sweating at breakfast! 

Overnight oats are super easy, so easy that you don't even need a bowl. My favorite way to make them is in a nut butter jar that is almost empty. You probably want to save at least a tablespoon in the bottom with a little bit on the sides. In this case I used an almond butter jar. I even added more peanut butter since I'm such a pb lover!



Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup nondairy milk
1/3 cup nondairy yogurt
fruit of your choice (I used blueberries)
sliced almonds
more peanut butter (optional)

Directions:

At night before you go to bed, throw everything into your jar and mix together. Keep in the fridge overnight.


ingredients

almost empty almond butter jar

mmmm almonds and Dark Chocolate Dreams PB... AMAZING!

handful of bluebs

stir it all up!

Alright, so the next morning you open up your fridge and grab your breakfast! You can even take it to go.

I like to add ground flax seed in the morning

YUM!!

Delicious breakfast!!




If you aren't running low on peanut butter and don't have a jar to use, this works well in a tupperware container or a yogurt container. Basically anything that can be covered and put in the fridge. Even if you're not really an oatmeal fan I think you should give this a try! I have a hard time making hot oatmeal taste good, but I am always pleasantly pleased when I make overnight oats!

Ps- It's really filling, so you won't get hungry for a while!

1 comment: