Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Kale Chickpea Mash

Two things I always have in my kitchen: kale and chickpeas. So when I was searching vegweb.com for chickpea recipes one night, I knew I had to make this one. Even if you don't normally like eating greens, this is a good tasty way to do so. The spices and nutritional yeast give this dish so much savory flavor.

Kale Chickpea Mash

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 half medium onion
1 bunch of kale (I actually didn't have a whole bunch)
1 can garbanzo beans (or 1 1/2 cups soaked beans)
1 Tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup nutritional yeast


Directions:

Heat olive oil in a large pan and sautee the garlic and onions on medium until garlic turns golden brown, just a few minutes.


Add the kale and coat it with the oil and garlic. You may want to add a few tablespoons of water. The kale will begin to wilt.


Add garbanzo beans and cook for about 4 minutes. 


Add remaining ingredients and stir.


Mash the chickpeas with a fork and continue mixing together.


Add more nutritional yeast and sesame seeds if desired.
Remove from heat and serve hot.


Delicious flavor and healthy too!

I've already made this recipe at least three times in the past couple weeks. It's so quick and tasty that I just want it all the time. Last time I added spinach and arugula in there as well. Loading up on greens! Haha so if you're looking for a quick healthy dish with loads of flavor you should definitely try this!

1 comment:

  1. Here great information shared, really valuable, thanks for sharing.
    To get information on garbanzo beans exporters China visit here.

    ReplyDelete